Friday, March 19, 2010

Here We Go

This sentence has been ringing in my head since my second semester of graduate school, "You should have got your MBA."
My post production teacher said I should have got my MBA instead of my MS in Television Production. Four years later I know why: an MS means NOTHING in the world of TV production!

Last fall I thought about going back to school to get an associates degree in business. I thought paired with my other degrees it would get me a job. I then realized it would be two steps backward and the community colleges out where I am aren't as good as Dutchess Community College, where I started my college career nine years ago (to say I started nine years ago is scary! Time flies!).

In January I decided to start researching MBA programs.

I scheduled my GMAT test for June 18, 2010.

My friend, Dorian, started a blog to chronicle her Peace Corp application and current service in Mali, West Africa in hopes it would help other people thinking about applying.

I searched for MBA applicant blogs and it gave me a lot of insight and strategy for my GMAT studying.

Since I started this blog three months into the process I'm going to post separate updates about what I have been doing up to this point in hopes others will find it useful too.

No comments:

Post a Comment